Remarkable Women: How to Draw Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Award an amazing life by showing students how to depict Ruth Bader Ginsburg as close to her violent likeness as possible.

Awhile back I decided to make a new ebook about drawing famous women, and asked readers for ideas. Many responded and most had Ruth Bader Ginsburg at or virtually the top of their list.

Loving her history of fighting for women's rights, among many other things, I jumped in and made this tutorial to get the volume started.

Then, life kind of happened and the ebook got shelved.

At present to award a life so well lived, I'd like to share the tools I used to draw this portrait. I hope it can help a lot of young students add a very special drawing to hereafter book reports. I take a feeling more than ever will be written at present that this astonishing woman has passed away.

On a technical annotation, I used a grid newspaper (included on folio 3 of the download) to help get my cartoon every bit symmetrical as possible. It'southward certainly not necessary though, and any plainly drawing paper would practise. I just recommend folding it in half twice to at least get one vertical and i horizontal guide. They help students gauge how and where to draw things.

MATERIALS

  • How to Draw Ruth Bader Ginsburg(click to download a PDF)
  • Cartoon paper
  • Black marker (ultra thin tip)
  • Markers (I used Stabilo Power Wallet brand, great for peel colors)

DIRECTIONS

Time needed:1 hour.

How to Draw Ruth Bader Ginsburg

  1. Start the bottom of the caput.

  2. Depict the summit of the head. Make dots for eyes.

  3. Draw the eyes.

  4. Add circles and eyelids.

  5. Draw glasses around the eyes.

  6. Add eyebrows, olfactory organ and oral fissure.

  7. Draw ears with earrings.

  8. Draw hair around her face up.

  9. Draw neckband and shoulders.

  10. Add together dots to collar and write name in back.

  11. Trace with thin marker and colour.

  12. Add extra layer of color to make shadows.